Acknowledgments: Spring 2020 Architecture-For-Health lectures
The spring 2019 Architecture-For-Health Lecture Series at Texas A&M University, “Toward Improved Women & Children’s Health and Hospital Facilities,” features experts in public health, health care administration, technology, architectural design and construction who will jointly present cutting-edge case studies of Women & Children’s Health & Hospital Facilities.
The lecture series is made possible by the generous support of College of Architecture Outstanding Alumni: Ronald L. Skaggs, chairman emeritus, HKS Inc., and Joseph G. Sprague, principal, senior vice president and healthcare director, HKS Inc. through the Skaggs – Sprague Endowed Chair of Health Facilities Design, and Craig Beale, Principal of HKS Architects, Dallas, Texas.
Ronald L. Skaggs, FAIA, FACHA, FHFI, LEED AP, is an adjunct professor of architecture and donor of the Ronald L. and Sondra Skaggs Endowed Professor in Health Facilities Design, the Skaggs-Sprague Endowed Chair in Health Facilities Design, and numerous other scholarships and awards both in the College of Architecture, Corps of Cadets, and Texas A&M University. He is also a distinguished alumnus of Texas A&M University.
Joseph G. Sprague, FAIA, FACHA, FHFI, is a principal and senior vice president, HKS Inc.; past president, Facility Guidelines Institute, American College of Healthcare Architects, and the AIA Academy of Architecture for Health, and is also a donor to the Skaggs-Sprague Endowed Chair in Health Facilities Design.
Craig Beale, FAIA, FACHA, FACHE, LEED AP, is a principal at Knox Advisors and donor of the Craig & Julie Beale Endowed Professor of Health Facilities Design and SHEA, the Student Health Environments Association. He is also an outstanding alumnus of the College of Architecture.
Links & Video Links
Past “Architecture for Health” Visiting Lecture Series
- “Toward Improved Women & Children’s Health & Hospital Facilities Design”
- PBS (Fall 2019)
- YouTube (Fall 2019)
- “Health Systems and Networks: The New Clients: Case Studies”
- PBS (Spring 2019)
- YouTube (Spring 2019)
The Center for Health Systems & Design’s HIAC – Health Industry Advisory Council:
- Ballinger, Philadelphia, Pa.
- CallisonRTKL, Baltimore, Md.
- ESa -Earl Swensson & Associates, Inc., Nashville, Tennessee
- EYP Health, Houston, Texas
- FKP | CannonDesign, Houston, Texas
- Gresham Smith, Nashville, Tennessee
- HDR – Architecture, Dallas, Texas
- HKS, Inc., Dallas, Texas
- HOK, Houston, Texas
- The INNOVA Group, Austin, Texas
- Jacobs, Dallas, Texas
- Marmon Mok Architecture, San Antonio, Texas
- Modular Services Company, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Page, Dallas, Texas
- Perkins & Will, Dallas, Texas
- Shepley Bulfinch, Houston, Texas
- Stantec, Houston, Texas
- ZGF, Portland, Oregon
- Yonglin Healthcare Foundation, Taipei, Taiwan
- Ao Hua Medical Industry, Hong Kong, China
- Shenzhen General Institute of Architecture & Design Research, China
- Kajima Corporation, Tokyo, Japan
Texas Target Communities helps provide award-winning plan
The comprehensive plan that was created in the collaboration between Caldwell’s residents, its municipal government, and Texas Target Communities earned a prestigious 2022 Texas Planning Award from the state chapter of the American Planning Association.
Research and mentorship combine at the HRRC
University studies major Wilinia Hamilton is getting research experience and the benefits of mentorship as a student assistant researcher with the Texas A&M Hazard Reduction and Recovery Center.