To be considered for admission to a School of Architecture graduate program, students must meet the requirements of Texas A&M University, the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies, and the department that administers the program.
How to Apply
Complete and submit your admission and scholarship applications online. If you are new to the Texas A&M GradCas System, you will need to create a user account before starting your application.
Applicants for our graduate program apply online through Texas A&M GradCas. Depending on which program you are applying for, the application may require the following:
- Application fee
- Official transcripts and records
- Test scores (GRE or GMAT)*
- Permanent Resident Card/I-551/I-485
- Bacterial meningitis immunization
- Current resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of recommendation or contact information for references who are familiar with your academic and professional achievements
- TOEFL scores (for international students only)
See each program’s admissions requirements for more details.
For Fall Admission
Each graduate program in the School of Architecture has different due dates for applications for admission. For fall entry, the due date typically falls in December or January. See each program’s specific admissions requirements for deadline information.
School Application Requirements
Admission to our graduate programs is based on promise of scholarly achievement and fit with our faculty. Supporting materials are used to choose which applicants will be admitted. To ensure the highest level of faculty support, we accept students whose design or research interests match areas of faculty specialization.
A bachelor’s degree is required for admission to any of our masters programs. A master’s degree is required for admission to either of our Ph.D. programs.
Admitted applicants who are still earning the prerequisite degree are admitted contingent on the completion of that degree. Applicants who do not meet this contingency must reapply after graduation.
Admission Requirements by Program
Each graduate program in the School of Architecture has unique requirements in addition to those of the university.
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Architecture — Career Change
- Master of Science in Architecture
- Master of Land & Property Development
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Urban Planning
- Master of Science in Construction Management
- Ph.D. in Architecture
- Ph.D. in Urban and Regional Sciences
- Ph.D. in Construction Science