Summer Study Abroad in the United Kingdom
Our study abroad programs allow you to experience life, culture and the construction industry in the United Kingdom. Led by construction science faculty, the programs are open to all upper-level construction science students. The program takes place during the summer I semester.
More details are available in the Education Abroad Portal.
Summer Study Abroad
Our summer program allows you to experience the culture and construction industry in the United Kingdom over the span of five weeks. During your visit, you’ll complete upper-level coursework and travel throughout Western Europe. This program does not satisfy the college’s semester away requirement.
The program is based in London to satisfy UK visa requirements. However, you’ll travel as a group to multiple places around Great Britain and have opportunities for individual travel to other places in the UK.
Areas of Emphasis
- Project delivery methods
- Environmental considerations
- Construction industry in Britain
All students are required to take a total of six credit hours during the summer semester to participate in this program. Students should meet with their academic advisors to ensure they meet eligibility requirements and that the courses are degree applicable. Summer courses in the UK will include:
- COSC 463 — Contraction Law & Ethics | 3 credits
- COSC 465 — Advanced Topics in Construction Law | 3 credits
- COSC 489 — Special Topics in International Construction | 3 credits
- COSC 685 — Directed Studies | 3 credits, graduate students only
- CARC 331 — Field Studies in Design Philosophy | 3 credits
View the Texas A&M course catalogue for information about each course.
FAQ about Summer Study Abroad
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Open to construction science majors who are admitted into upper-level construction science courses at the time of departure
- 2.5 cumulative GPA at time of application and until program start
- Good standing with Texas A&M University
- Must attend all program meetings
- Professor approval
How do I enroll in a study abroad summer semester?
Start your study abroad journey in the education abroad portal.
Does this satisfy the College of Architecture’s semester away requirement?
How long is the program?
The construction science summer study abroad program in the UK is five weeks long.
Will this delay my degree plan?
No. The program allows you to complete the same coursework offered at the A&M campus. You’ll be taking courses over the summer, so you’ll actually be getting ahead!
How much does it cost?
Read about program costs and funding in the education abroad portal.
What will I do during my study abroad semester?
The program is centered on living in London. You’ll complete construction science courses, as well as visit notable sites throughout the United Kingdom during your stay. Past trips to cultural sites have included Stonehenge, Bath, Canterbury and Dover.