Architecture + Industry Advisory Council (A+IAC)
The Department of Architecture + Industry Advisory Council provides guidance and advice to help collaboratively shape the future of the Department of Architecture. The council is comprised of industry partners, faculty, former students, and allied professionals.
The Architecture + Industry Advisory Council (A+IAC) supports the Texas A&M University – Department of Architecture by cultivating resilient approaches that advance architectural education and drive the future of design and professional practice in response to global challenges.
A+IAC goals and objectives
The A+IAC inspires excellence globally through the active integration of industry partnerships, academic collaboration and partnerships, and the profession of architecture. A+AIC members have priority access to our outstanding current students and graduates, play a vital role in ensuring our program remains at the forefront of architectural education and connect directly with our students to help guide their career journey. A+IAC members participate in program development, contributing to the evolution of architectural education, and providing expertise and guidance to our students. The A+IAC fosters and expands relationships with professionals and industry experts, supports student scholarships and faculty fellowships, and advocates for and promotes the Texas A&M University Department of Architecture.
- Enable real-world learning, engagement, and connections between students, faculty, and industry.
- Fund student initiatives, events, and participation in industry organizations.
- Promote the architecture program nationally and internationally.
- Seek industry feedback to ensure students acquire skills to succeed in all facets of the architecture industry.
- Increase internship and employment opportunities for students.
- Establish sustainable funding for the architecture program and students by establishing endowments.
Become a Member
Help mentor and inspire the architecture professionals of tomorrow by joining A+IAC today. There are two types of membership: corporate/firm and individual. Each type of membership has multiple contribution levels.
All levels of membership include the following benefits:
- Engage and connect with our current and former students through student engagement and learning.
- Enhance curriculum, ensuring our program remains at the forefront of architectural education.
- Contribute expertise to shape the next generation of architects through speaking opportunities.
- Early student recruitment enables internship recruitment that grows and positions your firm for iPAL students and graduates.
- Access to A+IAC Members by actively participating in A+IAC Committees and attending bi-annual meetings.
($5k for 5 years)
|Emerging Professional |
|Invitation to all A+IAC events||Invitation to all A+IAC events||Invitation to all A+IAC events||Invitation to all A+IAC events||Invitation to all A+IAC events||Invitation to all A+IAC events|
|Industry Networking||Industry Networking||Industry Networking||Industry Networking||Industry Networking||Industry Networking|
|Individual Votes||Individual Votes||Individual Votes||Individual Votes||Individual Votes||Individual Votes|
|Committee Chair Eligible||Committee Chair Eligible||Committee Chair Eligible||Committee Chair Eligible||Committee Chair Eligible|
|Invitation to Student Meet & Greet||Invitation to Student Meet & Greet||Invitation to Student Meet & Greet||Invitation to Student Meet & Greet|
|Recognition at Board Meetings**||Recognition at Board Meetings**||Recognition at Board Meetings**|
|Career Fair Early Enrollment Fee Included||Career Fair Early Enrollment Fee Included|
|Lifetime Member Status|
** Acknowledgment at A+IAC Board meetings will be inherent to members identification at the meetings.
A+IAC Leadership / Membership
The A+IAC conducts its affairs and business through its Board and standing committees of the A+IAC. The Head of the Department of Architecture serves as the Executive Director. The Executive Committee, consisting of an Executive Director, Past-President, President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer manages the affairs of the A+IAC. According to nominations made by the Membership Committee, the A+IAC membership elects the Executive Committee at the Fall meeting of odd-numbered years for the two years beginning July 1 of the following calendar year. The Executive Committee nominates the chair of each committee from the membership of the A+IAC. The President will present the proposed slate of committee chairs for the next two calendar years at the Fall meeting of each odd-numbered year. The A+IAC membership will vote on the slate. Each committee will have a representative member from the faculty of the Department of Architecture. The chairs shall serve for two years beginning July 1 of the following year.
A+IAC Executive Board
- Gregory Luhan, Executive Director / Texas A&M, Department Head of Architecture
- Ron Skaggs, Past-President / HKS, President Emeritus
- Scott Roselius, President / Heights Venture Architecture + Design
- Luke Scott, Vice President / Hilton Worldwide
- Kindall Shanon, Secretary / RS&H
- Jenna Higginbotham, Treasurer / Looney & Associates
- Donna Coussons, Industry Liaison / Texas A&M, Executive Director of Industry Engagement
- Robert Holton, Pre-Professional Programs – Curriculum, Research & Student Engagement / Heights Venture Architecture + Design
- Vergel Gay, Professional Programs – Curriculum, Research & Student Engagement / Vergel Gay & Associates
- Erin Machac, Research Programs – Curriculum, Research & Student Engagement / TreanorHL
- John Major, Center-based – CRS – Design, Technology, Practice, & Innovation Framework / Page
- Fernando Rodrigues, Center-based – CHSD – Health Systems & Design / HDR
- Carrie Zaboroski, Center-based – CHC – Preservation & Heritage Conservation / Trivium Heritage Conservation, LLC.
- Michael Alost, A+IAC – Budget & Finance / KDC
- Don Vernon, A+IAC – Membership Development & Retention / Arcosa
- Jeff Potter, A+IAC – Development & Outreach / Potter Architects
Membership in Action
The A+IAC’s Executive Board, committees, and members meet throughout the year to plan opportunities for students in the Department of Architecture, enabling them to connect with industry, advise/update the Department on industry trends, and grow the Aggie network.
The A+IAC Executive Committee and each Committee meet weekly throughout the year. The A+IAC Membership meets bi-annually – once in the Fall and once in the Spring each year. A list of upcoming important dates and events are listed below.
|September 14, 2023||A+IAC + AIAS Mixer – Adams Presentation Space|
|September 15, 2023||A+IAC Fall Career Fair – Langford A – Architectural Complex|
|October 19, 2023||A+IAC DFW Reception|
|November 2, 2023||TxA FW Aggie Reception|
|November 6, 2023||Healthcare Design Conference NOLA|
|November 10, 2023||A+IAC Fall Meeting|
|November 11, 2023||A+IAC/ARCHTailgate – BTHO MS STATE|
|February 15, 2024||A+IAC + AIAS Mixer – Adams Presentation Space|
|February 16, 2024||A+IAC Spring Career Fair – Kyle Field Hall of Champions|
|April 25, 2024||A+IAC Reception|
|April 26, 2024||A+IAC Spring Meeting|
Support the A+IAC
Additional supporting platforms include Corporate Sponsorship and Endowment Commitment. Corporate Sponsorship benefits your business, continuously advances the Department of Architecture, and positions your business at A+IAC initiatives such as A+IAC tailgates, meetings, and lecture series. Endowment Commitments to the A+IAC will contribute to the A+IAC’s enduring success, leaving a lasting legacy within the Texas A&M University – Department of Architecture for the future.