Health Industry Advisory Council (HIAC) connects health design companies to the best university-based education program in healthcare design and research in the world. Since 2002, HIAC has supported the activities of the Center for Health Systems and Design and Texas A&M University students interested in health design and research.
HIAC aims to:
- Create exciting and effective university-industry partnerships that contribute significantly to the creation of better healthcare environments
- Tap the expertise of HIAC leaders in support of the world’s best university-based education program in healthcare design and research
- Engage HIAC members in high impact research that demonstrate that good healthcare design improves medical / economic outcomes
- Undertake research projects that advance the state of sound knowledge for evidence-based design and empower the transformation of healthcare architecture
- Initiate funded healthcare design studio projects comprised of collaborations among HIAC professional firms and corporations and Texas A&M University faculty and students
- Enhance funding, resources and capabilities for the healthcare design and research program at Texas A&M University
Business entity benefits
Business members of HIAC gain direct access to students, faculty and researchers. Benefits include:
- Access to students enrolled in the graduate certificate program in healthcare design and engage in studio and portfolio reviews
- Exclusive access to research expertise and services (e.g.; literature reviews) on specific issues of interest to your firm
- Special presentations by healthcare faculty about new research and findings
- Invitations to give visiting lectures in healthcare classes at Texas A&M
- Opportunities to present your firm’s work to students and faculty
- Promotion of your firm on CHSD publications
- Inclusion of your research-related news and information in the CHSD newsletter
- Invitations to seminars on Lean Design and training for the EDAC exam
- CEU credits for participation in HIAC meetings and seminars
Become a member
To become a member, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Practitioners and Professional Organizations – Annual membership fee of $5,000
HIAC currently consists of 18 member firms and five international member firms.
- Earl Swensson Associates, Inc.
- Gresham Smith
- HDR, Inc.
- HKS Architects
- The Innova Group
- Marmon Mok
- Perkins Eastman
- Shepley Bulfinch
- Yonglin Healthcare Foundation
- Shanghai Horizon Healthcare
- Ao Hua Medical Industry Co.
- Shenzhen General Institute of Architecture & Design Research
- Kajima Corporation
Impact on the Center
HIAC members have enabled the center to be a stable and innovative organization. With their support, we have assumed a significant international role in the promotion of original and appropriate health care environments. HIAC has funded:
- Travel for students and faculty to participate in health conferences
- Guest lecturer program
- Student assistantships and scholarships
- CHSD publications and enrichment activities