This project involved a two-year study of the site and outbuildings of this important plantation from the early years of Texas statehood. The main house was documented in 1934 as one of the first projects of the Historic American Building Survey, which was established in 1933. The log structures have been used as the prototypes for replica farm structures at the Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Park Living History Farm, which opened in January 1999.
The project used a total station theodolite for the site work, and Autocad R14 for drawings, which allows for scanned photographs/slides to be scaled into the computer environment and traced to produce elevations. David Woodcock, Field Supervisor, with a team of six graduate students in 1997 and a team of ten students in 1998 documented this site. CAD Supervisors were Mara Rempel, 1997 and Carrie Zaboroski, 1998.
The drawings were submitted to the Historic American Buildings Survey and to the Charles E. Peterson Prize Competition in 1999.