CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Nominees will be evaluated on accomplishments as they reflect the core values of Texas A&M — excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service — in the following three areas:
- Professional achievement and career distinction. The nominee shall have accomplished prominence through their efforts in industry, government, education, their chosen profession or undertakings that reflect positively on the College of Architecture.
- Service to society. The nominee shall have demonstrated integrity and commitment to service, bettering the lives of others through volunteer efforts that may include civic, military and professional service or work with charitable organizations.
- Service and support to the College of Architecture and Texas A&M. The nominee’s actions and accomplishments should reflect the importance of their educational training and pride and loyalty to Texas A&M as noted by their interest in and support of the College of Architecture and the university.
- The nominee will have been a former student enrolled in a regular course of study at the College of Architecture or its predecessor academic designations at Texas A&M University or the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas.
- Former students may be nominated posthumously.
THE NOMINATION PROCESS
All Outstanding Alumni nomination packets must include the following:
- An “
Outstanding Alumni Form
( 102.5 KB)
” including the names, mailing addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers for both nominator and nominee.
- A one-page nomination cover letter.
- A two-page summary highlighting the nominee’s accomplishments in:
No more than three letters of support from individuals with specific knowledge of the nominee’s accomplishments and character. Each support letter should be no more than one page in length. Nominees may be consulted to ensure the completeness of their nomination packages, and to advise on suitable support letter authors.
- Professional achievements and distinction,
- Service to society, and
- Service and support to the College of Architecture and Texas A&M.
- Optional : A full curriculum vitae may also be included in the package.
Nominators are responsible for assembling the nomination package and meeting the March 1 deadline.
Any individual or group may submit an outstanding alumni nomination, but there must be a named contact person for group nominations.
The dean of the college will hold nomination packages.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
All nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of college faculty and former outstanding alumni selected by the college’s department heads. The committee submits recommendations to the dean, who selects the honorees.
A maximum of five recipients of extraordinary merit may be selected each year.
Nomination packages for those not selected will be retained for consideration two years following their initial nomination.
Individuals may be re-nominated at any time.
Information concerning nominees will be kept confidential to protect the integrity of the process.
The dean of the college will notify successful nominees and arrange for the award presentation. The college’s communications director will prepare and distribute a press release announcing the award recipients.
- - -
Mail completed nomination package to:
College of Architecture
College Station, TX 77843-3137
or fax to 979.845.4491
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations due March 1 prior to fall awards banquet.
Revised: December 2016