Texas Target Communities benefits both the individual communities that we serve, as well as Texas A&M University.
Our community partners transform from high risk/low opportunity to equitable, resilient, and adaptive communities. Through our threefold outreach approach, we will work with you to discern critical issues facing your community and illuminate promising strategies your community can implement.
Texas Target Communities provides Texas A&M students a high-impact service learning opportunity. Every year, we provide students an opportunity with our internship program to learn about the process of community engagement and planning. Our interns also practice their skills in mapping, writing, editing, graphic design, and more.
If you are interested in becoming a student intern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Texas Target Communities (TxTC) Faculty Affiliates Program facilitates networking between faculty at the Texas A&M University System (TAMUS) campuses and communities across Texas in need of technical assistance. As a partner, faculty collaborate with community leaders and students to develop action steps and deliverables to address community-identified issues.
The benefits to being a Faculty Affiliate include:
- Texas A&M faculty and scholar network: Connect with interdisciplinary faculty conducting community-based research and service-learning with communities. Access colleges, departments, institutes, centers, and programs across the Texas A&M University System.
- Texas community network: Connect to the TxTC network of communities for research and service-learning projects.
- Leveraging for funding: Leverage TxTC’s track record of success and networks when applying for collaborative sponsored research grants.
- Community engagement: Collaborate with the TxTC staff that have expertise in relationship building, meeting design, meeting facilitation, and methods to achieve greater community participation.
- Research translation: Utilize staff capacity to translate technical and academic work for a layperson audience.
- Student High Impact Learning experiences: Infuse transformational learning into courses with real-world projects to increase academic achievement and understanding, as well as, the practical and complex questions of our world.
- Recognition: Gain recognition on the TxTC website, reports, and other promotional materials.
If you are interested in becoming a faculty affiliate, please contact us at email@example.com.