Semester Study Abroad in Italy with Florida State University
Along with students from Florida State University (FSU), visualization students are welcome to explore the cultural richness of Italy. The program is available during the fall semester. More details are available in the Education Abroad Portal.
About the Program
You’ll stay in Florentine-style apartments within walking distance from the FSU study center. When venturing out, overnight trips include visiting some of the region’s most vibrant cities and countrysides.
Areas of Emphasis
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Florence
- Visits to culturally and historically relevant sites in and around Florence
- Free time for personal travel and exploration
All students are required to take a total of 12-credit hours. Students should meet with their academic advisors to ensure they meet eligibility requirements and that the courses are degree applicable. Required courses:
- ART 4926CR — Media Workshop: Electronic Media
- ARH 3930 — The Renaissance Apprentice
View the education abroad portal for more information about additional course options.
FAQ about Semester Study Abroad
What are the eligibility requirements?
The program is available during the fall semester for visualization students and the spring semester for environmental design students. More details are available in the Education Abroad Portal.
- 2.5 cumulative GPA at time of application and until program start
- Good standing with Texas A&M University
- Students must attend all pre-departure classes and/or meetings
- Must be accepted to upper-division coursework
- Must have completed CARC 481, or be in the process of doing so
How do I enroll in a study abroad semester?
Start your study abroad journey in the education abroad portal.
Does this satisfy the College of Architecture’s semester away requirement?
How long is the program?
The study abroad program in Italy spans a full semester.
Will this delay my degree plan?
No. The program allows you to complete the same coursework offered at the Texas A&M campus. Many of our students actually graduate a semester early by taking advantage of the study abroad program.
How much does it cost?
Learn about the trips’ costs and funding in the education abroad portal.
What will I do during my study abroad semester?
The program is centered on living in Florence, the capital city of Italy’s beautiful Tuscany region. You’ll collaborate with FSU curriculum to broaden your knowledge of design and visualization, all while visiting Italy’s most beautiful areas.