Environmental Design Upper-Level Requirements
- All students applying to Upper-Level must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 54 hours of coursework with a minimum GPR of 2.5 for all courses completed at Texas A&M. In addition students must have satisfactorily completed the upper level required courses listed as part of the 54 hours of coursework.
- Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in all College of Architecture courses.
- Carefully read and complete the application. Please note it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all coursework is transferred to Texas A&M University prior to the first day of the fall semester. Failure to do so will result in you being dropped from all upper level College of Architecture courses.
- Portfolio: A collection of the applicant’s work in an 8.5” x 11” (approximate) portfolio that shows examples from the following design and drawing studios: ENDS 105, ENDS 115, ENDS 108, ARCH 205, and ARCH 206. You should have at least one image from each of the above classes. All images should be reproduced and graphically laid out in the best possible manner to showcase design and drawing abilities, accompanied by a brief description of each project and the design intent. Other examples of artistic work such as painting, photography, graphic design, computer imagery and constructed work (furniture, sculpture, building projects) may be included. Up to five of the best portfolios will receive recognition from the Department of Architecture. A hard copy of your final portfolio must be turned in to the EDAS Advisor by 5pm on March 7, 2019. Late portfolio will not be accepted.
- Determination of Upper-Level admission will be made within 14 days after final grades are posted in May and August. Acceptance and denial letters will be sent to your TAMU email address.