Environmental Design Upper-Level Requirements

Due Date
March 6, 2017
  • All students applying to Upper-Level must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 54 hours of coursework with a minimum GPR of 2.5 for all courses completed at Texas A&M. In addition students must have satisfactorily completed the courses listed below as part of the 54 hours of coursework with a minimum GPR for those completed at Texas A&M.
  • Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in all College of Architecture courses.
  • Carefully read and complete the application. Please note it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all coursework is transferred to Texas A&M University prior to the first day of the fall semester. Failure to do so will result in your being dropped from all College of Architecture courses into which you are enrolled.
  • Portfolio: A collection of the applicant’s work in an 8.5” x 11” (approximate) portfolio that shows examples from the following design and drawing studios: ENDS 105, ENDS 106, ENDS 115, ENDS 116, ENDS 108, ARCH 205, ARCH 206 or ARCH 207. You should have at least one image from each of the above classes. All images should be reproduced and graphically laid out in the best possible manner to showcase design and drawing abilities, accompanied by a brief description of each project and the design intent. Other examples of artistic work such as painting, photography, graphic design, computer imagery and constructed work (furniture, sculpture, building projects) may be included. Up to five of the best portfolios will receive recognition from the Department of Architecture. Portfolios must be turned in to the EDAS Advisor by 5pm on March 6, 2017.
  • Determination of Upper-Level admission will be made within 14 days after final grades are posted in May and August. Acceptance and denial letters will be sent to the email address on your application.
  • Resume: Optional but recommended.

By clicking here I acknowledge that I have read and understand all Upper-Level requirements and will complete the Upper-Level application to the best of my knowledge for the Environmental Design Department.

ENDS Upper-Level Request Form