The College of Architecture utilizes the University's travel and expense system, Concur, which gives the traveler the ability to request authorization, book travel, and process expense reports upon their return. Once authorization to travel is obtained via Concur, the traveler can book the entire trip in the Concur travel system, or designate a departmental staff member to assist them. The Business Office does not typically book travel, but is always available for questions concerning the Concur system and/or College of Architecture travel policies and procedures. Upon return, the traveler will process an expense report using the Concur travel system, or turn in all necessary receipts and information to their expense delegate.
- Secure funding.
- Create a Request in Concur.
- Indicate your actual destination and provide detailed information about the trip purpose and benefit.
- Please do not use acronyms.
- Provide the account information in the account number fields, or in the notes section.
- Pick up travel card from Business Office and double-check the limit.
- Book travel.
- Use Concur for greater discounts, or book directly with the vendor. Avoid using third-party vendors like Expedia, Hotwire, etc.
- When booking Texas hotels, avoid being charged Texas State Occupancy Tax (6%).
- When renting a vehicle in Texas, avoid being charged Texas Motor Vehicle Tax (10%).
- Do not opt for any personal insurance.
- Please note that any purchases made well in advance of the trip dates cannot sit unassigned in your Concur profile longer than 30 days. Once your request has been approved in Concur, create an expense report and assign the transactions to that report. The expense report is due after you travel within 30 days of the trip end date.
- Save receipts and make sure they’re itemized.
- When making purchases in Texas, avoid being charged Texas State Sales Tax (8.25%).
- No individual meals or lodging expenses are allowed on single day trips.
- Do not use your travel card to withdraw cash.
- You can use the Concur and/or ExpenseIt smartphone apps to match pictures of your receipts with your travel card expenses on the go, or to make or change travel arrangements. They're available for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
- For additional insurance or emergency assistance while in foreign status, go to internationaltravel.tamu.edu/assistance-abroad-program.
- Using your request, create an Expense Report in Concur.
- Import credit card charges and manually add out-of-pocket expenses related to the trip.
- Select the right expense type and add comments when applicable.
- Attach receipt images to the report.
- Submit report within 30 days of the trip end date.