Force Requests/Waitlist Information
For courses in ARCH, ARTS, CARC, COSC, ENDS, LAND, URPN, VIST courses only
- A force request is for students who are unable to register for a course due to a system restriction or the section being full. The following issues are NOT appropriate considerations:
- Section change- If you are enrolled in a section, you are holding a seat that could be available to another student. You must drop your current section if you wish to be considered for another.
- Class time change
- Instructor preference- Studio sections cannot be forced over the limit. Once a section is full, you must register for another one with available seats.
- Submitting a force request does not guarantee enrollment in the course. The best way to potentially enroll in a full course is to monitor the course in HOWDY for any openings as other students drop the course. Registration schedules can be found on the Registrar's Website.
- Requests will be reviewed the first week of open registration and re-visited the week before classes start. Be sure to check your bill and schedule for any changes.
- Requests are evaluated based on the following:
- Graduation date
- Requirement for degree
- Timeliness of request
- If there is a time conflict between the class you are requesting and another class in your schedule, you will not be forced into your requested class. You must drop the conflicting course.
- Force requests received prior to your pre-registration date will not be processed.
For EDAS students, you can submit studio force requests as soon as the form opens. They will be processed in the order they were received after the form closes.
The Summer and Fall 2018 Force Request form will open April 5th at 8:00 am and close April 23rd at 5:00 pm. Force requests will be evaluated after the form closes on April 23rd.
By clicking this link, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the waitlist process and that you are not guaranteed a spot in this class.