Change of Major Requirements
To apply for a change of major into the College of Architecture, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- Completed at least one full semester (12 graded credit hours) at Texas A&M
- TAMU Galveston students must consult with the academic advisor of desired major for specific change of major requirements
- COSC, ENDS, LAND, URPN, & VIST applicants must have less than 60 total credit hours, including ALL transfer hours
- USAR applicants must have less than 100 total credit hours, including ALL transfer hours
- Minimum GPR of 3.0 to apply for EDAS, VIST, minimum GPR of 2.5 to apply for COSC, LAND, URPN, and a minimum GPR of 2.0 to apply for USAR
Please note that these are only the minimum requirements. Each major may have additional competitive requirements. Please contact each major's Academic Advisor to inquire about competitive requirements.
Change of Major Applications open on a specific date each semester:
|| Jan 1st*
*The Department of Construction Science accepts change of major applications for Spring and Fall semesters ONLY.
Deadlines to enter into a specific semester:
**Construction Science applications for Spring admission may be evaluated after the Fall semester final grades, GPA and total hours are posted
*Construction Science applications for Fall admission will be evaluated after the June 1st deadline.
||March 1st - 5 PM
||June1st - 5 PM*
||October 1st - 5 PM**