Change of Major Requirements
To apply for a change of major into the College of Architecture, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- Completed at least one full semester (12 graded credit hours) at Texas A&M
- TAMU Galveston students must have completed at least 27 graded credit hours
- Less than 60 total credit hours, including ALL transfer hours for COSC, ENDS, LAND, URPN, & VIST
- Less than 100 total credit hours, including ALL transfer hours for USAR
- Minimum GPR of 2.5 to apply for COSC, LAND, or URPN, minimum GPR of 2.0 to apply for USAR, and a minimum GPR of 3.0 to apply for ENDS or VIST.
Please note that these are only the minimum requirements. Each major may have additional competitive requirements. Please contact each major's Academic Advisor to inquire about competitive requirements.
The Department of Construction Science will ONLY be accepting change of major applications for Spring and Fall semesters. Construction Science applications for Fall admission will be evaluated after the June 1st deadline. Construction Science applications for Spring admission may be evaluated after the Fall semester.
Deadlines to enter into a specific semester:
||June 1st - 5 PM
||October 1st - 5 PM
||March 1st - 5 PM
Fall application opens April 1st. Spring application opens 1st day of Fall semester. Summer application opens 1st day of Spring semester.
By clicking this link, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the change of major requirements.